As informed in the earlier post, this is the first blog on "OFBiz: Functional user guide" series that will be based on how to Create Products in OFBiz and it's types as its first module.
Create New Product: Apache OFBiz includes a lot of features in product management (Buy,Sell,Manufacture,Accounting etc). In this post, we will introduce how to create a product in Catalog Manager.
At the beginning, open Apache OFBiz software on your system.
- Step 1: Go to Order management component, on the home screen click on the “Application” drop-down on the upper -left side of the screen and in the drop-down select catalog.
- Step 2: In the next screen that appears, click on “Create New Product. Fill the relevant product description(Product ID is unique).
- Step 3: Finally, click on “Create Product” at the bottom of the screen.
Note:- Always remember that Product ID should be kept unique rest all the fields that are not marked are optional to fill.
Types of Products:
- Create Normal Product: Click on create new product button. Product ID is set unique, Product Type is set to “Finished Good” and set both field’s to ‘N’(In the drop-down) for the product to be normal.
- Create Virtual Product: Product ID is set to unique value ,Product Type is set to “Finished Good” and we set the product to be virtual as below.
- Create Variant Product: Product ID is set to unique value ,Product Type is set to “Finished Good” and we set the product to be variant as below.
- (Example of virtual/variant products is: On ecommerce site display T-shirt is virtial product and select it's different colours and size in drop-down is variant product)!
- Create Marketing product: Product ID is set to unique value, Product Type is set to “Marketing Package: Auto Manufactured” and if you want to create marketing product as Normal/Virtual or Variant set the value according to your requirement. Manufacturing product is made up by combining two or more items.(Example of maketing product is:On ecommerce site display locket with chain.Locket and chain are Bom's,without single bom we cannot create whole product.Bom's are make by differect-different supplires.In production run process built it together.)
Create Service product: Product ID is set to unique value, Product Type is set to “Service a product using inventory”(Inventory needs to be maintained) or “Service” (We do not need to maintain inventory in service type)Example of service product: Envelope of products).
Create Digital product: Product ID is set to unique value ,Product Type is set to “Digital Good”. In Digital Goods shipping charges are not charged.(Example of digital product: In ecomerce site money transaction and pay bill is digital pruduct.It's no need to shipping)
Create Config product:Product ID is set to unique value ,Product Type is set to “Configurable Good”. In Config product we add multiple sub items in a product.(Example of config product: Suppouse we want to create a bracelats.We select multiple charms items in it, according our choose.
If you find something that we missed or should be included in our “Apache OFBiz: Functional User Guide” please share it with us. Thanks for reading this far and I hope it helps you on your journey !!
Subscribe to Viithiisys
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox